Download Periscope for Windows PC or Laptop
Everything is going live on social media be it Facebook, Instagram, or Snapchat and people are loving it. Twitter, with an active user reach of approximately 330 million is walking hand in hand as well when it comes to matching up with this trend. One of the social networking giants, Twitter, acquired and launched its live video streaming app “Periscope” on March 26, 2015, right after cutting off ties with “Meerkat” from its social graph. Two months down the line on May 26, 2015, Periscope was launched and ready for use by Android users.
Though both Periscope and Meerkat, are live- video streaming apps, one must not be confused with the other. Both apps differ in functionality in the following ways-
- Periscope saves the video streams once you are finished, so that anyone can view them for up to 24 hours; Meerkat’s live video disappears once you choose to end the broadcast. This means that you can watch videos on Periscope at your convenience by time-shifting your viewing habits.
- As compared to Meerkat, Periscope allows scopers to limit their views to specific individuals. In case of Meerkat, videos are available to all public and private viewers.
- While video streams on Meerkat were cluttered and distracting, Periscope clips offer higher detail with just a swipe to the right of the screen.
With so many interesting features, over and above Twitter’s previous live-video streaming app, Meerkat, it’s only but natural for one to keep the Periscope app close. Hence, there several users looking for ways to make it accessible to them, on devices other than their phones. The most common question that people have is as to how they can install Periscope on their Windows PC or laptop.
Therefore, to help you and guide you here are a few steps you can follow to Download Periscope for your Windows PC and Laptop and use it.
Steps to Download Periscope for Windows PC and Laptop?
There are no applications, which can help you install Periscope on your Windows PC or Laptop. Nevertheless, there isn’t a dearth of tips and tricks to make this task possible. So, as promised here are some ways you can adopt to make your tasks of getting Periscope on your PC or laptop simpler. Let’s take a look.
If you have heard about the Bluestacks App Player, then you must know that it is the cloud-based platform via which people can bridge the gap between your Android mobile devices and desktops. Here are the steps to be followed, to use the Periscope app via Bluestacks on your PC.
- Download and install the Bluestack emulator on your Windows PC or Laptop.
- Upon completion of installation, open the Google Play Store Service on the emulator and download the Periscope app.
- Remember that there will be two apps found upon searching and you must pick the first one in the list.
- When you are done with the installation, open the Periscope application from the “All apps” section and start using it as you would on your phone.
This is another emulator that you can use to download Periscope on your Windows PC or Laptop. Follow the steps below to start using it.
- Download software Andy from the internet. Alike Bluestacks, it is available for free, so there is nothing you need to worry about.
- After downloading the app, start installation by clicking on the installer file on your computer.
- When installation completes, start the emulator and sign in to your Google Play account..
- After signing in, start using the Google Play store as you would on your phone and search for the Periscope app to download and install.
- After installation of the Periscope app is successful, launch it and start to use it to access the best of live-streaming videos on the internet.
- If you want to remotely access the app, you can always install the remote control app on your PC to do so.
Last but not the least, this is another way of installing Periscope on your Windows PC or Laptop. This method uses the application of Chrome ARC Welder that utilizes APKs and converts them into ChromeOS apps that can be opened from the Chrome App Launcher. Though the app has been a subject of criticism by many, you can still try it out as a last resort.
Below are the steps for installing Periscope on your Windows PC or laptop using this method.
- Your first step is to find and acquire a copy of the Periscope APK. You must understand that this is not an easy task, however you can always take the help third-party app stores, websites, and Chrome plugins to make the search easier. Additionally, be careful when installing this APK as it might have been tampered and be filled with Android Malware. Run a virus scan to be on the safe side of things.
- The second step is setup and installation Chrome ARC Welder. When you move ahead to do this, you will be asked to create a folder for storing all application files. Select the file APK that you intend to use. Keep in mind that ARC Welder can only run one Android application at one given point of time.
- The third step involves configuration of your ARC Welder app. On this stage, you will be asked simple questions, to accommodate your preferences for using the app.
- Once all three steps are completed, its then just a matter of logging into your Twitter account and using the Periscope app.
Among all three options for using Periscope on a Windows PC or laptop, the most viable and trustworthy option to go for is Bluestacks and the least best is ARC Welder, and Andy falling somewhere in between.
Nothing is impossible in today’s advanced world of technology and the same goes out to accessing your phone’s apps on the computer. Give it a try, wherever you may be and as technology promises, life will be much easier and simpler for you.