Way to Set Alarm on your Mac device
Set Alarm on your Mac devices: MacBooks have been popular among users since their launch. The geeks in Graphics designing, Animation, Filmmaking, and editing, etc., prefer to use Mac any day over Windows. The lag free and smooth experience of Macs is unbeatable. Do you also use your MacBook very often for various kinds of works? Well, if you do how about setting an alarm or reminder for something special?
Apart from just basic computing and other services, Macs have a lot to provide you. One such basic yet interesting feature is that of using it to set reminders and alarms. Well, you don’t need to look further until you have the calendar app on your Mac.
How is Calendar app amazing?
The Calendar app for Mac systems works amazingly. It has a lot of unique features to offer you. Do you frequently forget important dates and anniversaries? Or do you forget your important meetings and seminars to attend? Well, all these problems can be solved using the calendar app for Mac.
You can set birthday reminders, event pop-up notifications, alarms, etc. as per your needs. Also, it has the ability to provide you alerts on your other devices. Sync the app with iCloud and get notified on your other Apple devices. Interesting, isn’t it?
But how do you do all this? How can you set up the alarms and other alerts? Well, that’s the reason to provide you with this article. Do go through the complete article and enjoy the amazing features of Calendar app for Mac.
How to set Alarm on your Mac devices?
Well, settings an alarm with the calendar app isn’t that tough. But for the first time, it might look like a longer process than usual. But believe me once you will be habitual with the procedure, you’ll use it frequently :”)
Here is the complete step-by-step procedure to set the alarm. Follow the steps carefully and you are good to go 😉
Set a one-time alert (Alarm)
- On the home screen of your Mac, click on the launch pad icon. Don’t know what is it? It is the rocket ship icon located on the dock of your Mac.
- Then click on the “Calendar” app icon. This app keeps the records of your stack of papers along with the current month, days, events, etc., you mark as important.
- A new window will be displayed on your screen. At the top of this window, click on the tab named as “Day” and select the date for your alarm to ring. By default, the current day is selected.
- After that right click on the page located at left. This is the date you have selected.
- Then find the tab named as “New Event”. Click on this tab. As soon as you right-clicked in the previous step, you’ll find this tab in the pop-up menu.
- In the right column, you’ll find a bar displaying “New Event”. Now assign a name for your event.
- Click on the part of the section containing the time and the date.
- Now assign the time by typing it in the line displaying “start”. This is the time you want your alarm to start.
- Now click on the drop-down menu located beside “Alert”. By default, it will be selected as “None”.
- At the bottom of the drop-down menu, you will find the option of “Custom”.
- A new pop-up will appear on the screen. Again open a new drop-down menu for the “Message” tab.
- Now from this drop-down menu, select the option of “Message with Sound”.
- You will see a menu with a speaker icon. Click on it to open a new drop-down menu for tones you can select from. As soon as you select it you can have its preview sound.
- I prefer to use “Basso” as my alarm tone. What’s your favorite one? Do let us know in the comments.
- Finally, click on “Ok”. Voila! You have finally set your alarm at the desired date and time.
Set Birthdays and Events Alerts
Well, settings an alarm is not the only thing you can do with the Calendar app. You can separately set the events, birthdays, anniversaries, festivals, etc. and get notified. Want to know how? Let us have a look at that:
- Run the ”Calendar” app just like you did in the previous method.
- Now from the drop-down menu select the option of “Preferences”.
- Then select the “Alerts” menu.
- From click on “Events” to open up the drop-down menu and from there select “At the time of Event”.
- If you wish to use some other option, go with the desired one :”)
- Now select the “All Day Events” from this drop-down menu.
- After that click on “Birthdays” and select the time you wish the alarm to go on and off.
- Also, you have the option to select the alarm a day or two days, or one/two weeks before the event to get notified before. This will help you in planning efficiently for the birthdays or anniversaries.
- In case you want to get notified on other devices, uncheck the box of “Use these default Alerts only on this Computer”.
- Voila! You’re done with setting up an event as well.
Well, that’s it for setting the alarm and other events in Calendar app for Mac. In case you want to get notified on your other iOS or Mac devices, sync the app with iCloud. It will help you to get notified of the alarms and events on other devices as well. Amazing, isn’t it?
So do you now know how to set up an alarm in Mac? Well, I’m sure you have learned it very well. Still, in case you find some troubles, do let us know in the comment section below. We try to be very responsive and will get back to you as soon as possible. Also, if you want us to write on any other related topic or query, etc. do let us know. Well, that’s pretty much it. I hope you loved the way the Calendar app works. And for more great content like this, follow Technikola.com